Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Romance Me" . . .




UNIQUELY YOU. . .

There is one thing I know for sure- and it is that no matter where you are in your walk with The Lord- weather you are just starting to think about church- have walked away from Him completely or know Him intimately... HE WANTS YOU!

He desires to develop a relationship with you.

He loves you- He perfectly knit you together in your mother's womb and created you to be a spectacular unique individual to do incredible things that you've never even dreamed possible!

I'd like to share with you one way in which I draw close to God... In the book of James it says "Draw close to me and I will draw close to you"... or basically- try and get to know me and I will reveal more of myself to you. God is a man of His word.

SAY WHAT?. . .

Yes, there are times when I feel distant, or I get "lazy" in my "walk with God" (Christian-ese for my relationship with Him)-- and this is something I do that really jumpstarts my heart!

Either in my spirit (or my mind) or out loud I will say...

"Lord! ... Romance Me!"

To some of you this might seem odd, or you may feel uncomfortable by that. And that's ok. But I will tell you why I love this, so.

I started "dating" Jesus in my college years.

Someone had told me they read a book "I kissed dating goodbye" I never read it, there were some other books that were on this topic of being a woman (or man) of God and instead of (in my words) 'wrecking' your heart with torn relationship after torn relationship-- focusing on building your relationship with Jesus and waiting for Him to bring someone special in your life that is willing to court you.

THE NIGHT I FELL IN LOVE. . .

Well- what I found interesting was this "dating" Jesus idea that I heard of... I had thought it seemed a little weird, but I did love Him and I was so grateful for all He was doing in my life that I thought I'd give it a try.

So I went to a coffee shop and I brought a devotional book a journal and I began to just have a "conversation" with Jesus.

That night, I truly fell in love.

I felt God's peace all over me. It was like a warm blanket of comfort and joy like I had never felt just enveloped my entire being- body, soul and spirit.

That was only the beginning.

Since then, I've had incredible experiences with my "Jesus dates".

SHOW ME YOU LOVE ME . . .

My favorite times are sunrises with Him.

I'd get up early before sunrise, and either take a walk (when warm out) or take a drive to my favorite coffee shop- and as I'm driving (and still waking up) I'd just yawn and start our conversation with "Good morning Lord! How are you?" and just smile and feel Him smiling back at me.


Then I'd ask my question, "Lord, will you romance me today?!" And time after time there would be something wonderful shortly after I'd ask.

A beautiful sunrise with vivid colors peeking up just over the hill as I was driving.

A rainbow in the only part of the sky that was sunny with a beautiful eagle flying right under it!

Or some beautiful scenery that I'd see while out and about that was just PERFECT right at the time that I needed it. And I felt like it was orchestrated just for me every time.

Nature is only one way He would romance me. This is why I fell in love. Because I truly felt Him saying. "This is for you"


Maybe just as I'd ask Him a barrage of songs would come on the radio that would directly speak to my heart.

Maybe it would be a person He would send my way to give me the words of encouragement I needed at that very moment.

And many times it was His Word. The Bible. . . I'd bring it with, along with my journal. And After I'd ask Him to romance me, or show me something wonderful He'd like to say to me that day. . . I'd open my Bible up at any page and trust that He'd speak, and He would. It was as if a certain part of that entire page would just illuminate and leap out at me- and guess what? It would romance me! It would speak right to my heart- pertain to something I was just thinking about, asking about or going through... My God is not dead, He is surely alive.

One instance not long ago I remember: there were several songs on in a row about God's beauty. I was singing along with the radio about God's beauty- to Him- and I just remember driving and having the warm sunshine touch my face and I felt like He was telling me, "I am in awe of your beauty too, Crystal"

THE CALL . . .

When the King of the Universe is "enthralled" with my beauty, my heart will melt. I am being romanced by The King of Kings.

I think the importance of my journey of asking God to 'romance me' is that- this is how He has revealed His love to me.

His love is unlike the love we have with other people.

There is so much more to it.

And all of the deepest desires of my heart can be answered when I simply ask Him to romance me.

I want to encourage you as my readers, and challenge you- this week- just ask Him... "Lord, will you romance me?"

I'd love to hear how God romances you!

No comments:

Post a Comment