Monday, February 11, 2013

Carry Me. . .

A part of life is facing the ups and the downs.

Everyone must go through different seasons in their life.

It's how we handle each season that builds   and   proves our character.

It can be difficult to have our faith tested by the fire of trials. And even more difficult when you've been thinking you were stronger than this all along. It's humbling.

During trials our faith is tested, our patience is tried, our endurance is stretched-- we are in the valley...

And the magnificent thing is-- that every single time I have found myself in a valley... Even when I feel so alone. I feel forgotten, rejected, hard pressed on every side...

When I call His name... He is always there...

In fact- even if I've reached a point where I doubt His companionship through my adversity- When I call on Him... His perfect peace consumes my heart-
and I can feel Him telling me-- 'Of course I never left you.' 'I have been with you every step of the way.'

It's at my broken point where I've been crushed on every side sometimes by life- sometimes by my own poor decisions...-- no matter what-- when I call on His name... He is there...And it's not that He had ever left my side... more than anything it is that I'm too preoccupied with the troubles that surround me- I forget He is right there- waiting for me to look to Him...

I'm reminded of the footprints parable.



I am never at a point- no matter how wonderful my life- or how trying my situation- where I don't find that I need God.
It is during the high times that I think- how could I NOT have a life knowing you?! Look at how I am so blessed!! And it is at my lowest points when I think... if I did not know you-- I would not be able to endure this much burden... because He has promised to lift and take it away- and actually carry it for me... And He always does...

Its hard to believe in the midst of trials- but I know that through each valley in my life- that my character sharpens and improves and that my love continues to grow deeper for my Lord.

He .... is.... FAITHFUL-

And maybe today, you need to know that you are not alone.
If you feel abandoned... I encourage you to try and dig deeper and call out His name... He WILL be there... He has never left... sometimes we don't realize that our own ears have been bombarded with the lies and pollutants of the world... and all along He is sweetly whispering- 'I'm here... I'll never leave you...'

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Crystal! I love the Footprints poem... It is a comforting image and so true - and I think you are so right that it's not that God ever leaves our side, it's that we get too busy or preoccupied with trying to fix things ourselves that we forget He is there and that He has the answers that we can't find on our own. The challenges and low times are no fun, but it is through our weakness that God's strength is made known!

    ReplyDelete