Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sunrise... Awake My Soul

The warm sun gently cradles my face
The birdsong fills my soul with melody
The smell of the dewy glistening grass envelopes my lungs with peace
The perfectly gentle breeze caresses my skin
A kiss from The God of The Universe as He fills my entire being with His peace
A gift from The God of the Universe as His creation slowly begins to awake once more.
...

 If I were to walk with God in the flesh right now... I thought... How would I be? .... I would become as a child.
Full of wonder and curiosity. Full of joy. Simple. Pure. Honest.

 He would walk with me. Smile at me. Find joy in me and our talks. He has forgotten my sins. He chooses to forget. Even as I ask for forgiveness for the things I've failed in. He doesn't know my faults. He is a gentle, loving Daddy.

Am I angry with Him? No... Do I jump at the opportunity to blame Him or tell Him what He's done or not done? ... No....

But He tells me. It's ok if you do...because He is full of compassion and understanding. He knows our struggles. He knows the weight of them. And He cares.

But for me.... My soul is filled with peace just at the opportunity of being in His presence. I become humble and childlike.

I am covered. Protected. Precious. Cradled in His arms as he holds me against His chest and assures me of His love for me.
I cry. I tell Him. Daddy... So many people hate you. Hate others. They don't know you. How I wish they did. How I wish they could experience your love like I do.

He tells me that so does He. He loves them all so much. He doesn't look at what they've done wrong. He doesn't see it. He sees the hurt and wants to heal it. He longs to take away the tears and the pain. But this is the price of free will.
And so He will do everything He can without violation of it.... If they would just let Him in... Into their hearts.

 They'd find the peace they've been looking for. The rest that comes from His warmth and love.

 He smiles at me. He tells me we can take walks like this every day. It is up to my free will to decide.

The dewy grass becomes more fragrant.
The breeze seems to awaken my soul.
There are people who need His love. How can I help?
Will I walk with my Daddy and be a conduit of His beautiful love that I know so they can walk with Him too?
The choice is mine. I hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment