Thursday, June 7, 2012

IF I DON'T HAVE {{LOVE}} I AM NOTHING

{THE GREATEST GIFT}

Though I speak with tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) 

This is my theme this morning! I heard this beautiful song on the radio for the first time: "The Proof of Your Love"- by King & Country

A beautiful song! > If I sing, but don't have love, I waste my breath with every song.... If I give to a needy soul, but don't have love, then who is poor? ....So let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love, let my love look like You and what You're made of... How You lived, how You died, Love is sacrifice- so let my life be the proof, the proof of Your love. . . <   You Tube the song so you can hear it! its wonderful :)

And right after the song finished the verse of the day came up on my phone and it was the verse I shared above: 1 Corinthians 13: 1-3

Again--- I don't believe in coincidences... I know how much God loves me :) How much He loves you... I know that He gives me inspiration to write so that I can encourage the people who will read what I have to say.

{I AM BLESSED} 

I truly am blessed to be surrounded by the people that I have in my life. The friends The Lord has given me in my life and especially in my church are just simply amazing!

Of course nobody is perfect, but when I see these people in action when they let God move through them, it inspires me!

Now, we have a nice little church, maybe about 20-30 people consistently coming to services. And I truly believe that I have seen almost each and every one of them (if not all of them) operating in their gifts that God has given them. And most importantly, LOVE.

I have been behind the scenes, and know the incredible heartfelt prayers prayed and tears cried by our wonderful Pastor and his wife. And the passionate prayers shared by the wonderful leaders in our church.

{AUTHENTICITY} 

What stands out to me MOST about these wonderful people God has placed in my life, is their authenticity. Their willingness to be humble, vulnerable, and to walk in compassion. To see someone hurting and embrace them and minister the LOVE of God to them. To NOT PRETEND TO BE PERFECT.... To admit publicly when they make a mistake- apologize- repent- and do what they can to fix that mistake. To be hurt, slandered, practically abused by someone- and STILL love them and walk in forgiveness. To operate in and use their gifts and talents for the encouragement of each other and other people in their lives. To build real, meaningful relationships with others in the church, and strangers who visit, and people outside of the church. Their friendship is real. And more importantly their love of God is real. Their desire to see HIM glorified and not themselves- is real. They are not a vain and puffed up people. But they walk in LOVE. I watch them POUR OUT God's LOVE on people constantly. Weather it is people who need help in the church, who are struggling, emotionally, financially, spiritually, etc... Or maybe it's people on the streets. Offering prayer, food, or simply warmth and kindness.

Watching their LOVE in action inspires me, and I know this is JUST THE BEGINNING...

{GROWTH OF DEPTH} 

Our church may be small now, but I believe without a shadow of a doubt that it WILL CONTINUE TO GROW... How could it not?

Churches shouldn't grow because of the personality of the Pastor.... or because of the smoke and mirrors and the awesome band.... or because of the "tingly" feeling you get when you are in the building.... (which I'm not saying is wrong-- unless that's the single reason)

They should grow because of the authentic spirit of the people--- The HOLY SPIRIT working IN and THROUGH the people in the church... AND because it doesn't ONLY manifest IN the church, but OUTSIDE the church.... That is what I LOVE about being a part of Abundant + Life.... They STRIVE to be the HANDS AND FEET OF JESUS.... in and out of the church building- every day of the week.

And God is doing a GREAT work in us to develop an EVEN DEEPER walk with Him- so I KNOW GREAT things are in store... and NOT so that our church would simply grow in number...

I am reminded of the scripture in Zechariah I shared in my last blog... Not by MIGHT NOR by POWER... but BY MY SPIRIT--- Says The Lord!

It's not in our own strength that we as The Body of Christ will build great churches - it's by GOD's SPIRIT ACTIVELY MINISTERING TO PEOPLE...

And WE are His conduit!

What an honor!! :)

Without LOVE .... WE ....ARE....NOTHING....

{LOVE IS . . .} 

PATIENT
KIND
NOT ENVIOUS / BOASTFUL
NOT ARROGANT / RUDE
IS NOT SELFISH / INSISTENT ON IT'S OWN WAY
NOT IRRITABLE
NOT RESENTFUL
DOESN'T REJOICE IN WRONGDOING
REJOICES WITH TRUTH
BEARS ALL THINGS
BELIEVES ALL THINGS
HOPES ALL THINGS
ENDURES ALL THINGS
NEVER ENDING

Love is a difficult thing to measure up to... but there is our standard.... The Bible also says, GOD IS LOVE... He is the perfection of LOVE... The personification of LOVE.... HE is our standard.... So when we minister.... let THIS be our standard... When we LOVE other people... let's make sure this is how we determine how we TREAT others, how we THINK toward others, and how we ACT toward others.

{{{WALK IN LOVE TODAY}}} 

1 comment:

  1. That is how a church should be! Not concerned with how big and pretty the church is, but how pretty the people are on the inside. That's been why we haven't liked most the churches we've went to, they've been fake, and we've seen right through them.
    And a great reminder on what love really is. I need to be reminded of that often. Great entry love!

    ReplyDelete